If you wish to move myTasks to a new computer, this is the procedure to follow.
On the OLD Computer:
- In myTasks, select the File | Backup command.
- Specify a folder for storing the backup files and click OK.
- Close myTasks since we don’t want any changes to the data on this computer.
- In Explorer, open the folder where the backup files were stored.
- Copy the active and archive task files, active.todo and archive.todo, to a temporary location on the new computer.
On the NEW Computer:
- Install myTasks (if not already installed) and enter your license.
- Make a note of where your task files are located:
- In myTasks, select the Help | System Info command.
- In the Basics tab, look for the ActiveTasks and ArchiveTasks entries and note their values.
- Click OK to dismiss the dialog.
- Close myTasks – it must not be running for the next few steps to work.
- In Explorer, move the old computer’s active.todo file from its temporary location to the ActiveTasks location recorded above.
- In Explorer, move the old computer’s archive.todo file from its temporary location to the ArchiveTasks location recorded above.
- Restart myTasks and verify that the task files have been moved successfully.
This procedure can also be used to share task files between multiple computers.