Q. How can I start Jot+ Notes up with a specific document?
A. The easiest way to do this is to create a shortcut to the document in question. Since Jot+ Notes is associated with .jot files, Jot+ Notes should be launched automatically.
Here’s an example to do this:
- Locate the .jot file you want in the Explorer and select it
- Right-click to bring up the context menu
- Select the ‘Copy’ item
- Now click on the Desktop
- Right-click on the Desktop to bring up the context menu
- Select the ‘Paste Shortcut’ item
- Now if you double-click on this shortcut, Jot+ will be launched with the document loaded
You can also modify the shortcut used to launch Jot+ Notes, but that is more complicated. Please see your Windows documentation for more information on shortcuts.
Finally, Jot+ Notes can be told to automatically load at startup the last notefile it was looking at when it was last used. In Jot+ Notes:
- Select the Tools | Options command
- In the options dialog, select the File tab
- Check the Open Last Notefile option
- Press OK