A few suggestions

Welcome Forums myTasks myTasks General A few suggestions

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  KingStairs 8 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

seventhree
    Participant

Hello there!
    I’m a big fan of mytask. I used it years ago to track bugs as it makes a perfect ‘single user’ bug tracking system.
    I now use it to track my, well, tasks and how I delegate to my team at work. It’s doing the job a lot better than any ‘online task’ system, and project management tools are overkill for the job.

I can think of a few improvements that could be made:
    – A print feature that prints out only a particular group and only the headers chosen by the user. For example, a way to print only the group ‘delegated’ which would print title, status, priority and user-field1 in that order. Right now I have to keep a second ‘headers-only’ list in excel to do that job.
    – Better search. I have 1600 items in the ‘resolved’ group which as you can imagine I use to keep only resolved or cancelled tasks. Mytask has become my second brain in which resides all the work that has been done in my department since I joined. The search feature is currently of not much use as a task called “Install the new computer” couldn’t be found using the keywords “install computer”. Only an exact match works. A soundex and operators would be nice. A way to search only task between these dates with the status of x would be even better.
    – a version where a team can collaborate on. Users with limited permission than can only read and maybe comment on tasks. Administrators than can CRUD tasks.

Anyway, great job on mytasks! It’s the best task tracking software I’ve ever used.

KingStairs
    Keymaster

@seventhree wrote:

Hello there!
    I’m a big fan of mytask. I used it years ago to track bugs as it makes a perfect ‘single user’ bug tracking system.
    I now use it to track my, well, tasks and how I delegate to my team at work. It’s doing the job a lot better than any ‘online task’ system, and project management tools are overkill for the job.

Thank you! 😀

I can think of a few improvements that could be made:
    – A print feature that prints out only a particular group and only the headers chosen by the user. For example, a way to print only the group ‘delegated’ which would print title, status, priority and user-field1 in that order. Right now I have to keep a second ‘headers-only’ list in excel to do that job.

Could you explain this a little more – not sure I entirely “get” what you’re asking for.

– Better search. Only an exact match works. A soundex and operators would be nice. A way to search only task between these dates with the status of x would be even better.

Searching is certainly one of the easier things to improve.

– a version where a team can collaborate on. Users with limited permission than can only read and maybe comment on tasks. Administrators than can CRUD tasks.

More difficult – myTasks was specifically designed with individual users in mind, with only one person accessing the (single) task file. Support for multiple task files (including any sharing) would have to wait for the next major release.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.