Corrupted Jot file? how to fix?

Welcome Forums Jot+ Notes Jot+ Notes General Corrupted Jot file? how to fix?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  KingStairs 9 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

janworks
    Participant

I have used Jot+ Notes for a lot of years now, with no problems at all … until now.
    In trying to open Note files–I have six of them–three open normally (they are ones I don’t use much) and the other three, often used, render an error message “unable to load document…unable to determine file format”. Windows recognizes the program; when I double-click the file icon in Explorer, Jot launches but the file won’t load.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled (it’s version 3.3.0) but to the same results. Renaming the backup files doesn’t help; same result. Can you help me recover these files?

Jan W.

KingStairs
    Keymaster

Hi. First off, try updating to the current version – Jot+ Notes 3.6.0 – it’s not likely to change anything but the possibility must be eliminated.

Three notefiles exhibiting problems all of a sudden is unheard of. I would strongly suggest checking the hard disk for errors and running some full anti-virus and anti-spyware checks as a precaution, in case this is a symptom of a more serious problem.

If that doesn’t get you anywhere, please contact us for support directly, as we’ll need to get more detailed information from you that shouldn’t be posted in a public forum.
    Michael

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.