Default tab stops and Indents

Welcome Forums Jot+ Notes Jot+ Notes Wishlist Default tab stops and Indents

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  KingStairs 8 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

oakdale
    Participant

As a Brit in favour of metrication, I always use metric units. So I would like to use a default tab spacing of 1 cm. So I do what the Help says, viz go to Format > Tabs… and set Default tab stops to 1.00 cm. But when I create a new note, I find its default tab stops is 1.27 cm. Which appears to contradict the statement in the Help that “This setting is specific to the notefile”.

Next, I would hope, nay expect, that indenting (using M) would use the default tab spacing. But it clearly doesn’t. Moreover, I can find no way to set this value.

The result is that, on the few occasions that I’ve created a new Jot file in the eight years I’ve been using Jot+, I have usually managed to remember the struggle I had the previous time, but have completely forgotten that what I’m trying to do is, as it turns out, impossible.

Oh how I wish this could be sorted out 😕

KingStairs
    Keymaster

This could be either a typo in the help file (it should be note-specific, not notefile-wide), or an error in Jot+ Notes (the default value is not being used properly). I will check on that.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.