Forum styles

Welcome Forums General Forum Chatter Forum styles

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  shemming 14 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

KingStairs
    Keymaster

I’ve just uploaded three alternative styles for the forum:
    Avalanche, phpBBlite, and SmoothBlue.
    One of these may become the basis for the forum’s style, so I’d like your views on them: Ease of use, clarity, attractiveness.

You can switch between the various styles through your personal profile. The default style is called subSilver.

Please try them out and let me know what you think.!

shemming
    Participant

I’ve tried out all three. phpBBlite is nasty. Smooth Blue is OK, but Avalanche gets my vote.

FWIW, you might want to consider knocking together a high contrast style with few/now graphics and large text for visually impared users so that you don’t fall foul of the DDI.

shemming
    Participant

s/now/no/

KingStairs
    Keymaster

@shemming wrote:

s/now/no/

You should be able to edit your posts to make corrections directly – look for an EDIT button next to your posts.

While phpBBLite may not be pretty, it may suit visually impaired users better.

KingStairs
    Keymaster

Two more styles have been uploaded for your consideration.
    You can try them out via your personal Profile.

I’d appreciate some more input on all of the styles so we can move towards a final decision.

Michael

shemming
    Participant

Both are nice and clean and seem fairly easy to look at although the text on the buttons in A Blue Template is a little small.

FWIW, I still prefer avalanche. 8)

shemming
    Participant

One general observation; they are all very blue, aren’t they?

KingStairs
    Keymaster

@shemming wrote:

One general observation; they are all very blue, aren’t they?

True, but then I’m quite partial to blue… 😀

Avalanche is very pretty, but I can’t help feeling it’s a bit too “busy”.
    BlueTemplate is perhaps my favorite to date, though I agree the top buttons could be a little larger.

shemming
    Participant

I take it the idea is to set a standard style for the forum as a whole and let individuals override the settings for they own use is they want, yes?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.