Jot keeps closing down

Welcome Forums Jot+ Notes Jot+ Notes General Jot keeps closing down

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  cayley 7 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

cayley
    Participant

This week I have been unable to keep Jot+ Notes open for more than a couple of minutes. Jotview is working OK so am still able to access my data, but I cannot change it. I have done nothing peculiar to my computer. Removing and reinstalling Jot hasn’t helped – nor has using the current Beta version, nor has using different Windows compatibility modes. I’ve never had problems till now – and I’ve been using Jot since version 1.

KingStairs
    Keymaster

Have you tried just rebooting your computer?

If that doesn’t do it, then something has to have changed on your computer in the last week: A Windows update, new software or an updated version, etc. It could also be a new update from your Antivirus.

One solution is to use System Restore to revert your computer to last week – that might undo whatever is causing your problem.

I recommend a full system check (Anti-virus, spyware, etc) in case this Jot+ Notes problem is a symptom of something unwanted on your computer.

Hope that gets you somewhere!

cayley
    Participant

Thanks for your response. I did all that a couple of days ago and still no joy! And I’ve tried turning off the anti-virus program too. Any other suggestions?

KingStairs
    Keymaster

Is Jot+ Notes telling you anything before it closes? I’d expect some kind of error message, even if it’s only a Windows APPCRASH report.

If you can, please e-mail your Help|System Info details to support@kingstairs.com – that should suggest any potential conflicts.

cayley
    Participant

It wasn’t telling me anything. But this morning, so far, the program is behaving! Fingers crossed that whatever was causing the problem has cured itself. Thanks for your help – and if problems recur I’ll email a copy of the SystemInfo for my computer. Michael

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.