relative hyperlinks to files

Welcome Forums Jot+ Notes Jot+ Notes Wishlist relative hyperlinks to files

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  KingStairs 10 years ago.

• Author

dlegovich
    Participant

I often use Jot+ notes to collect and organize links to files belonging to the same project so I have the jot+ doc file in one folder while the linked files are placed in subfolders.
    But as I understand, links to files are absolute (they all start with the drive letter) so I cannot move my jot+ doc file together with the subdirectory structure to another directory, disk or computer.

So, it would be much more usefull to have relative links instead of absolute links (to files).

thanks.
    Danilo.

dlegovich
    Participant

When I say “relative link” I mean relative to the path of the jot+ notes document.

Pim
    Participant

@dlegovich wrote:

When I say “relative link” I mean relative to the path of the jot+ notes document.

I think you should be able to solve your problem with SUBST, hu ?
    😉

Pim
    Participant

@dlegovich wrote:

I think you should be able to solve your problem with SUBST, hu ?
    😉

KingStairs
    Keymaster

Unfortunately there is no “automatic” method for specifying a relative file link.
    But, since Jot+ Notes gets to “see” the URL before sending it to Windows, it can manipulate that URL – in this case to handle file-relative URL’s.

I’ll add it to the wishlist.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.