Suggestion for myTasks

Welcome Forums myTasks myTasks General Suggestion for myTasks

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  KingStairs 11 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

lazy
    Participant

It would be great if a myTask item could launch another program, especially Jot+. It would be an even better enhancement if it could launch Jot+ at a particular note.

Thanks,
    lazy

KingStairs
    Keymaster

Each task has a field where you can enter a hyperlink (eg a website) or a file/folder name to associate with that task. The you can use the Task|Run File command to launch/open the task’s link/file.

Recent versions of Jot+ Notes do support the ability to jump to a particular notefile/note via the command line, but it’s not (currently) documented in the help file (it is really intended for internal use).

lazy
    Participant

Thanks for the additional info.

However, I’m not sure it’s working as I expected. I put the file jots+.exe and path in the File/URL and set a timer for that task but Jots+ doesn’t start. It does by selecting Run File. I was looking for Jots+ to start at the time I had myTasks set to. Is that possible.

I do see a comment in the Help about “-note” on the command line but I can’t get it to work even from a desktop icon. Can you point me to the correct way a command line should be arranged?

Thanks for your help,
    lazy

KingStairs
    Keymaster

@lazy wrote:

I was looking for Jots+ to start at the time I had myTasks set to. Is that possible.

Indirectly, YES. Windows comes with a “scheduled tasks” utility (on XP, it’s located at All Programs | Accessories | System Tools | Scheduled Tasks; not sure where it is on Vista). This utility allows you to run a particular application (eg Jot+ Notes) on a schedule or at a particular time.

I do see a comment in the Help about “-note” on the command line but I can’t get it to work even from a desktop icon. Can you point me to the correct way a command line should be arranged?

I’ll post a complete reference later today.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.