Task File problem

Welcome Forums myTasks myTasks General Task File problem

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  KingStairs 11 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

lazy
    Participant

I’m trying to get the File/URL in a task to load a specific JotNotes file and keep getting error messages that myTask is unable to launch…..

I can get JotNotes to start easy enough with either “JotNotes3.exe” or browsing to exe in the folder.

But when I try to use a specific file it doesn’t work. My command line is:
    “C:Program FilesKing StairsJot+ NotesJotPlus3.exe c:Downloadhome.jot”

I’ve tried the %20 in spaces but that didn’t make any difference. I’ve also tried various placed for the quotes.

I thought specific file loading was supported, but maybe not?

Thanks,
    lazy

lazy
    Participant

I found an old email that explained my problem and a work around.

The work around is a batch file. Anyone know how to prevent a DOS box opening in WinXP when running a batch file?

Thanks,
    lazy

KingStairs
    Keymaster

All you should need to specify is the file name – the Jot+ Notefile.
    When it is launched, Windows will figure out that it needs to launch Jot+ Notes with that notefile.
    The same is true for Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, HTML files, etc.

lazy
    Participant

What I’m trying to ultimately do is open a specific .jot file at a specific note id, launched from within myTasks. As I understand it, myTasks needs to call a batch file to do that since the File/URL command doesn’t accept note file ids or specific note files.

It was suggested I use a batch file to do that and have myTasks call the batch file. While that works, in WinXP, a “DOS” box remains open after Jots+ starts. I was hoping there was some way to close that box automatically after Jots+ starts.

Thanks,
    Larry

KingStairs
    Keymaster

There will be an easier way to do this in the near future. That’s all I can say right now.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.