If you’re using Google Desktop to index and search files on your computer, then you’ll want to include Jot+ Notes notefiles in your index. We now have a plugin for Google Desktop Search which will include Jot+ Notes notefiles in your search results.
The plugin has a few limitations to be noted:
- Jot Cardfile 1.x files are not supported.
- Password-protected notefiles are ignored. This is by design and will not be changed, as indexing the contacts of protected files creates an obvious security problem…
- The indexing is performed on the entire notefile (as opposed to individual notes).
- With large notefiles, only the first 10,000 (or so) words are actually indexed. This is a Google Desktop limitation (and an annoying one!).
- The plugin has only been tested with Google Desktop version 5.x; it may work with earlier releases, but this cannot be guaranteed.
Future releases may address some of these limitations.
Size: 561.02 kB
Please read the installation notes very carefully, as they contain important information and can save you a lot of trouble later…
Google Desktop Download
You can download the current version of Google Desktop from the Google website.
We’ve set up a topic on our web forum for discussion of this plugin, including bug reports, feature requests, and anything else. Please let us know if you’re finding the plugin useful?