Here’s a list of what has changed in recent releases of Jot+ Notes:
Jot+ Notes 3.8.0
Released 31 Oct 2017
The 20th Anniversary release of Jot+ Notes.
- New print dialog
- Enhanced printing options
- New commands: Format | Copy, Format | Paste
- Evaluation period is now unlimited (previously 30 days)
- New (reasonable) evaluation restrictions
- License price reduced to celebrate Jot+ Notes’s 20th Anniversary (Jot+ Notes’ first release was in Dec 1997).
- Fixed some menu accelerator characters
- Tweaked the Titles Pane display for Windows 7/8/10
- Numerous bug fixes in the Style Manager
- Numerous internal fixes and changes which while not user-visible will enhance performance and stability
- Updated Windows support and compatibility.
- Editor zoom setting now saved between sessions
- Updated System Information dialog – recognizes Windows 10, displays specific Windows version (Home Premium, Professional, etc)
- MS Cardfile import now supports NT 3.51 (Unicode) cardfiles
- XML import now uses MSXML 6.0
- Additional date formats added for Timestamps
- Paste as Text added to the editor context menu
- Updated contact information
- Updated sample files
Jot+ Notes 3.6.0
Released 30 Jul 2008
This is a relatively major update, with a number of significant improvements:
- Improved Vista compatibility.
- Password protection no longer requires external DLL’s.
- New Insert Symbol dialog replaces old Character Map; supports Unicode.
- Windows Server 2003/2008 added to supported platforms list; Windows 9x/Me no longer formally supported.
- Locked notefiles now give an option to ignore that lock.
- Search/Replace Dialogs (plus others) can become translucent when they lose focus.
- New File|Shortcut command to place commonly-referenced notefiles on the Desktop.
- New Edit|Zoom command to zoom editor display in/out.
- Many internal tweaks and improvements.
Jot+ Notes 3.4.3
Released 31 May 2007
This release fixes one significant (though intermittent) bug, where text copied from one note could not be pasted into another note.
Jot+ Notes 3.4.2
Released 19 Feb 2007
A maintenance release with a few bug fixes:
- Note drag-drop triggered an AV in some circumstances.
- The splitter position issue from 3.4.0 was apparently not entirely fixed for some users; this version should resolve the problem.
- Minor improvements to setup, mostly Vista-related.
Jot+ Notes 3.4.1
Released 29 Jan 2007
A maintenance release with a few bug fixes:
- The splitter position was not restored correctly.
- The Open Last Notefile option failed when the recent files list was empty.
Jot+ Notes 3.4.0
Released 7 Jan 2007
Windows Vista support is the focus of this release, but we’ve also added some user-requested features and enhancements:
- Paste As Text added to the editor context menu.
- Support for WM_UNICHAR, which will be very important to users editing notefiles in multiple texts/languages!
- Rebuilt using Delphi 2006, which increases the speed of some operations. Some users report significant improvement in file load/save times.
- New preferences: Dialog sounds, close-to-tray, autosave on exit. Timestamp suffix now supports special characters such as newline.
- New search option: Ignore note body. Maximum length of search/replace patterns increased to 255 characters.
- New command: NoteCopyTitle.
- New context menu for the Note Title Pane.
- New command-line option: -note jumps to a specific note on startup.
- Updated many internal components.
- Numerous bug fixes, many in the search engine.
- All plugins are also updated for use with Vista.
Jot+ Notes 3.3.0
Released 18 Feb 2006
As with 3.2.0, this release includes many user-requested changes and improvements:
- New commands for quickly adding child and sibling notes.
- New commands for inserting the date or time.
- Additional user toolbar added (there are now three user toolbars).
- New options for note inheritance (the properties a new note inherits from its parent).
- Completely redesigned options dialog – much easier to use!
- Improved support for importing and exporting Unicode text.
- Added support for importing KeyNote documents.
- Jot+ Notes can now be minimized to the system tray.
- Compression support updated to ZLIb 1.2.3.
- Underline formatting fixed.
- Marked/readonly flags were being “lost” when a note was moved.
- “Unused” entries in various lists (eg recent files or search history) are now removed from the configuration.
- Search/replace dialogs now remember their settings during the session.